• Kayla
  • Janice
  • Cindy
  • Josie
  • Taylor
  • Brookehttp://tammysbookreviews.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my book reviews. I am quite new at it. My other passion is reading, so I'd love to share my thoughts with you.
i create treasures

Blog Archive

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A day to myself

Today I had the day to myself.  Kayla went out with a friend and then the boyfriend.  Taylor went to a sleepover yesterday and won't be back until tomorrow.  Brooke was playing rockband with her daddy, so I spent my time crafting over the computer with a very good friend of mine.  I had this idea in my head and wanted to do it.  Well just my luck, it didn't turn out like the picture in my head at all!  I decided to post it anyway.  So here goes.


This is my newest wall decor for Fall.  If I decide to put it up, that is.  I'm still not sure if I like it since it's so very different from the picture in my head!  I took a hardcover book and tucked the middle pages in.  I then spray painted the book with gold webbing.  (Although it looks more green here) I added brown variegated ribbon down both sides and made bows.  


Here I used a digital image to add as my focal point.  


I used leaves to take away some of the empty space left.  

Well that's it for this post.  Hope you all are having a better weekend than I am!  I'm not entering this into any challenges today either.  Thanks for taking the time to look.  

3 comments:

Cindy's Creative Corner said...

I think this is an awesome project and it turned out beautiul. Who would have thought you could make something this nice with an old book.....Tammy of course, isn't she just the best crafter? I think so and I bet you do too!

Margreet said...

wow, this is a gorgeous fall project Tammy!
xxx Margreet

josie said...

love this tammy